During this week’s Office Hours, we take a candid look at the entrepreneurial loneliness epidemic. In truth, breaking out as an entrepreneur is a singular position where you’re working long hours, and making incredible sacrifices. Allon and I unpack these realities and offer some of our own strategies to bust out of our collective isolation. It’s our hope we can shine a light on the entrepreneurial shadow side and offer support to connect you with our dynamic community of Out Bosses.
This Episode is Sponsored By
· Rhodes Perry Consulting, let’s cultivate a workplace culture of belonging
· Get a Copy of Rhodes’ new book, Belonging at Work
· Register for the FREE Belonging at Work Virtual Summit
Questions Answered in this Episode
· What does the research say about entrepreneurship & loneliness?
· How does decision-making fatigue & remote working impact loneliness?
· Why do entrepreneurs feel the pressure to inflate how great and amazing their lives and businesses are?
· What role do family and friends play in relationships to entrepreneurship & loneliness?
· What happens when you hit the notorious “entrepreneurial wall,” and how do you recover?
· What are the strategies to reconnect with ourselves, supportive entrepreneurs and our friends and family?
Resources Shared in this Episode
· Inc., What You Can Do About the Loneliness Epidemic
· Forbes, It Is Time We Acknowledged Loneliness in Entrepreneurs
· Entrepreneur, Entrepreneurs Reversing the Loneliness Trend
The Top 3 Ways to Support the Podcast
· Subscribe on iTunes, Listen, and Share the Show
· Text OutBoss to 444999 and stay connected with the show
· Watch the Webinar: Leverage Your LGBTQ Superpowers
Join the Out Entrepreneur Community!
· Subscribe to the Out Entrepreneur Newsletter
· Connect with the Out Entrepreneur Facebook Community
· Join the #OutBoss Revolution!