Vanessa is the co-founder of the Trans Love Project. The project was first conceptualized when actor Don Cheadle appeared on Saturday Night Live, making a bold statement with a T-Shirt that read “Protect Trans Kids.” Vanessa wanted to make it possible to be like Don, to be a proud ally for trans youth and LGBTQ+ people of color. And Vanessa sure is a bad ass ally – she’s the parent of an amazing trans son, she is a business owner, and she’s a describes herself as an “accidental activist and advocate for the LGBTQ+ community.”
This Episode is Sponsored By
· Rhodes Perry Consulting, let’s cultivate a workplace culture of belonging
· Get a Copy of Rhodes’ new book, Belonging at Work
· Register for the FREE Belonging at Work Online Summit
Questions Answered in this Episode
· Who is Vanessa, and what does her business do?
· What motivated Vanessa to start her own business?
· How did Vanessa’s family influence her decision to start the Trans Love Project?
· How does Vanessa empower LGBTQ communities?
· How can you get in touch with Vanessa and her business?
Resources Shared in this Episode
· Visit the Trans Love Project website
· Follow the Trans Love Project on Instagram
· Like the Trans Love Project on Facebook
The Top 3 Ways to Support the Podcast
· Subscribe on iTunes, Listen, and Share the Show
· Text OutBoss to 444999 and stay connected with the show
· Watch the Webinar: Leverage Your LGBTQ Superpowers
Join the Out Entrepreneur Community!
· Subscribe to the Out Entrepreneur Newsletter
· Connect with the Out Entrepreneur Facebook Community
· Join the #OutBoss Revolution!