Sonia Fay Stolfo identifies as a queer entrepreneur who has made Portland, Oregon her adopted home for the past decade. Equipped with a degree in Economics and several years of nonprofit experience, she hatched the idea to start the Afrikan Clothing Co., a social enterprise based in Kenya. The business is dedicated to producing custom fit women’s clothing while investing profits back into the community through projects that support young women and girls. She is currently working to secure seed funding for her business, and believes in its immense potential to lead the way forward for conscious business practices.
This Episode is Sponsored By
· Rhodes Perry Consulting, let’s cultivate a workplace culture of belonging
· Be the first to learn about Rhodes’ upcoming book, Belonging at Work
· Register for the Employee-to-Entrepreneur Coaching Program
Questions Answered in this Episode
· Who is Sonia, and what does her business do?
· What motivated Sonia to start her business?
· How does Sonia empower LGBTQ communities?
· How can you get in touch with Sonia?
Resources Shared in this Episode
· Visit the Sonia’s Website
· Follow Sonia on Instagram
· Contact Sonia by Email
The Top 3 Ways to Support the Podcast
· Subscribe on iTunes, Listen, and Share the Show
· Text OutBoss to 444999 and stay connected with the show
· Watch the Webinar: Leverage Your LGBTQ Superpowers
Join the Out Entrepreneur Community!
· Subscribe to the Out Entrepreneur Newsletter
· Connect with the Out Entrepreneur Facebook Community
· Join the #OutBoss Revolution!