Lake Perriguey owns Law Works LLC, a full service law firm in downtown Portland, which handles many types of legal matters, including civil rights litigation. Lake is probably best known in the Beaver State for bringing the federal lawsuit that established marriage equality for same-sex couples in 2013. Last year, he handled the first successful action for non-binary legal recognition in the United States by pushing the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles to acknowledge a third gender marker on all licenses and IDs in the state. Lake’s been in business as an independent solo lawyer with no staff for the past 10 years.
This Episode is Sponsored By
· Rhodes Perry Consulting, LLC
· Register for the Employee-to-Entrepreneur Coaching Program
· Gain solutions to build a more inclusive workplace culture
Questions Answered in this Episode
· Who is Lake Perriguey, and what does his business do?
· What motivated Lake to start his business?
· How does Lake empower LGBTQ communities?
· How can you get in touch with Lake?
Resources Shared in this Episode
· Check out the Lake’s Website
· Get in touch with Lake through Email
· Read about Lake’s work in the New York Times
The Out Entrepreneur Community
· Subscribe to the Out Entrepreneur Newsletter
· The Out Entrepreneur Facebook Community
· Join the #OutEntrepreneurPodcast Revolution!
· Listen, Download, & Subscribe on iTunes
Rhodes’ Top 3 Recommended Resources
1. Acuity Scheduling is a wonderful system for solopreneur’s and those looking to maximize staff time on the tasks that matter most. Let Acuity take care of the scheduling, and enjoy the first month free when you visit: https://goo.gl/Cduy4a
2. Quickbooks Self-Employed software will take care of everything from tracking trip mileage to managing your quarterly taxes. If you’re considering a simple bookkeeping solution look no further! Try Quickbooks today, and enjoy 50% off of your first 6 months when you visit: http://fbuy.me/excvF.
3. FreshBooks cloud accounting is a great resource if you’re exchanging time for money and you need a simple solution for tracking project hours, invoicing clients, and managing payments. Consider trying FreshBooks for one month of free service when you visit: https://goo.gl/Z6vFBt.