When not working his day job as a regional director of project management for a tech services company, Jeff authors books in the m/m romance genre as well as LGBTQ+ young adult fiction. Jeff lives in rural Northern California with his husband of twenty years, Will. Along with Will, Jeff hosts the weekly show, Jeff & Will’s Big Gay Fiction Podcast. Since 2016, Jeff’s treated the writing as a business rather than a hobby with the goal to have it be the primary source of income by 2020. If you are seeking a pathway to transform you side hustle into a full-time business enterprise, this is the episode for you!
This Episode is Sponsored By
· Register for the Executive LGBTQ A-Z Mentorship Program
· Learn about Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Solutions & Get a Free Gift!
Questions Answered in this Episode
· Who is Jeff Adams?
· What is a side hustle?
· Why is it important to know your audience?
· What does it mean to write LGBTQ+ stories, and why is it so powerful?
· How can you get in touch with Jeff?
Resources Shared in this Episode
· Visit Jeff’s Website Here
· Subscribe to Jeff’s podcast, The Big Gay Fiction Podcast
· Check out Jeff’s book, Hat Trick 3: Penalty Shot
· Learn more about Joanna Penn’s advice for author entrepreneurs
The Out Entrepreneur Community
· The Out Entrepreneur Facebook Community
· Join the #OutEntrepreneurPodcast Revolution!
· Listen, Download, & Subscribe on iTunes
Rhodes’ Top 3 Recommended Resources
1. Acuity Scheduling is a wonderful system for solopreneur’s and those looking to maximize staff time on the tasks that matter most. Let Acuity take care of the scheduling, and enjoy the first month free when you visit: https://goo.gl/Cduy4a
2. Quickbooks Self-Employed software will take care of everything from tracking trip mileage to managing your quarterly taxes. If you’re considering a simple bookkeeping solution look no further! Try Quickbooks today, and enjoy 50% off of your first 6 months when you visit: http://fbuy.me/excvF.
3. FreshBooks cloud accounting is a great resource if you’re exchanging time for money and you need a simple solution for tracking project hours, invoicing clients, and managing payments. Consider trying FreshBooks for one month of free service when you visit: https://goo.gl/Z6vFBt.