Katie Barnes is a pop-culture obsessed writer for espnW.com, covering culture, LGBTQ issues, women’s basketball, and whatever else is thrown at them. Since joining ESPN in August 2015, they have written on myriad topics, such as campus sexual assault, the sports world’s response to North Carolina’s controversial law, HB2, "American Ninja Warrior," "Pitch," and more. In addition to Katie’s TV obsession, they are known to argue about the redeeming qualities of "Bring It On" (the first one), and play copious amounts of video games (including Mafia III).
This Episode is Sponsored By
· Register for the Executive LGBTQ A-Z Mentorship Program
· Learn about Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Solutions & Get a Free Gift!
Questions Answered in this Episode
· Who is Katie Barnes?
· What is an intrapreneur?
· What does it mean to identify as non-binary to Katie?
· How can you get in touch with Katie to read more of their work?
Resources Shared in this Episode
· Visit Katie’s Writing Here
· Follow Katie on Twitter & Instagram (@katie_barnes3)
· Take Katie up on their recommendation & subscribe to Another Round
The Out Entrepreneur Community
· The Out Entrepreneur Facebook Community
· Join the #OutEntrepreneurPodcast Revolution!
· Listen, Download, & Subscribe on iTunes
Rhodes’ Top 3 Recommended Resources
1. Acuity Scheduling is a wonderful system for solopreneur’s and those looking to maximize staff time on the tasks that matter most. Let Acuity take care of the scheduling, and enjoy the first month free when you visit: https://goo.gl/Cduy4a
2. Quickbooks Self-Employed software will take care of everything from tracking trip mileage to managing your quarterly taxes. If you’re considering a simple bookkeeping solution look no further! Try Quickbooks today, and enjoy 50% off of your first 6 months when you visit: http://fbuy.me/excvF.
3. FreshBooks cloud accounting is a great resource if you’re exchanging time for money and you need a simple solution for tracking project hours, invoicing clients, and managing payments. Consider trying FreshBooks for one month of free service when you visit: https://goo.gl/Z6vFBt.