Jonathan Lovitz is a Senior Vice President at the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), as well as Director of the New York LGBTQ and Allied Business Network of NGLCC. In addition to leading public affairs, media relations, supplier diversity, and advocacy efforts out of our New York office, he regularly speaks at conferences and to the press about LGBT economic empowerment and the vital role business plays in creating equity for the LGBTQ community.
He is a regular commentator on MSNBC, CNBC, NPR, The Advocate, Out Magazine, among others, and has often spoken/fundraised for Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS, The Trevor Project, GLSEN, the Democratic party, and more. Jonathan previously served as Director of Communications + Operations for StartOut, a national nonprofit empowering LGBT entrepreneurs; as Media Director and lead news anchor at NetworkGlobal, a leading digital news and entertainment site; and as a respected openly gay actor and news anchor for Logo TV and other major networks.
Jonathan regularly speaks to colleges and universities encouraging young people to get involved in public service and use the internet to make a difference for their communities. While business and LGBT youth causes are his primary focus, Jonathan looks for any chance to serve any community in need of a voice, including serving on multiple nonprofit Boards of Directors. Jonathan graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Florida and proudly returned to give the keynote address at their Pride Awareness Month opening ceremony in 2014.
This Episode is Sponsored By
· Register for the HR & Diversity Master Class
· Learn about Equity & Inclusion & Get a Free Gift!
Questions Answered in this Episode
· Who is Jonathan Lovitz?
· What does he do on behalf of out bosses?
· What is the economic and social impact of LGBTQ owned businesses?
· How can you get in touch with Jonathan?
Resources Shared in this Episode
· Connect with Jonathan on LinkedIn
· Read more about the NGLCC’s groundbreaking report
The Out Entrepreneur Community
· The Out Entrepreneur Facebook Community
· Join the #OutEntrepreneurPodcast Revolution!
· Listen, Download, & Subscribe on iTunes
Rhodes’ Top 3 Recommended Resources
1. Acuity Scheduling is a wonderful system for solopreneur’s and those looking to maximize staff time on the tasks that matter most. Let Acuity take care of the scheduling, and enjoy the first month free when you visit: https://goo.gl/Cduy4a
2. Quickbooks Self-Employed software will take care of everything from tracking trip mileage to managing your quarterly taxes. If you’re considering a simple bookkeeping solution look no further! Try Quickbooks today, and enjoy 50% off of your first 6 months when you visit: http://fbuy.me/excvF.
3. FreshBooks cloud accounting is a great resource if you’re exchanging time for money and you need a simple solution for tracking project hours, invoicing clients, and managing payments. Consider trying FreshBooks for one month of free service when you visit: https://goo.gl/Z6vFBt.