NiK Kacy is a fashion line inspired by the fashion needs of both its founder and the larger LGBTQ community. NiK Kacy, who identifies as gender-fluid, queer and trans, designed their first collection of "masculine of center" gender-neutral shoes in order to provide a solution for the on-going problem of individuals unable to purchase men's styled shoes due to limitations in sizing set by the shoe industry based on gender. Their first collection, named "Fortune", consists of 5 classically masculine looking styles, now modernized with colorful contrasts and re-proportioned to fit those who identify in whatever spirit they deem fit.
This Episode is Sponsored By
· Register for the Executive LGBTQ A-Z Mentorship Program
· Learn about Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Solutions & Get a Free Gift!
Questions Answered in this Episode
· Who is Nik Kacy, and what does their business do?
· What motivated Nik to start their own business?
· What are some of the lived experiences acquired from being gender-fluid, queer and trans that Nik attributes to helping their company crush it in business?
· How can you get in touch with Nik?
Resources Shared in this Episode
· Visit the official Gender Equal Footwear Website
· Join the Gender Equal Footwear Facebook Community
· Email Nick Here
The Out Entrepreneur Community
· The Out Entrepreneur Facebook Community
· Join the #OutEntrepreneurPodcast Revolution!
· Listen, Download, & Subscribe on iTunes
Rhodes’ Top 3 Recommended Resources
1. Acuity Scheduling is a wonderful system for solopreneur’s and those looking to maximize staff time on the tasks that matter most. Let Acuity take care of the scheduling, and enjoy the first month free when you visit: https://goo.gl/Cduy4a
2. Quickbooks Self-Employed software will take care of everything from tracking trip mileage to managing your quarterly taxes. If you’re considering a simple bookkeeping solution look no further! Try Quickbooks today, and enjoy 50% off of your first 6 months when you visit: http://fbuy.me/excvF.
3. FreshBooks cloud accounting is a great resource if you’re exchanging time for money and you need a simple solution for tracking project hours, invoicing clients, and managing payments. Consider trying FreshBooks for one month of free service when you visit: https://goo.gl/Z6vFBt.