Aidan Key is the founder of Gender Diversity, a nonprofit dedicated to providing support and educational services with respect to transgender and gender diverse children. He leads a support program for parents of trans youth that is the largest in the U.S. and offers trainings and policy development for school districts, organizations, and other youth-based agencies across the nation.
Since 2001, Aidan Key has produced the annual international Gender Odyssey conference for families raising trans children, professionals seeking to expand their knowledge, and for adults exploring and celebrating their gender.
He regularly presents at college campuses and has been featured on national and international television, radio, online and print articles. Aidan Key is an identical twin, a father, and lives in Seattle with his wife Kristin.
This Episode is Sponsored By
· Register for the HR & Diversity Master Class
· Learn about Equity & Inclusion & Get a Free Gift!
Questions Answered in this Episode
· Who is Aidan Key?
· What does his business do?
· Why is creating an inclusive workplace culture important to him?
· How does he leverage his LGBTQ identity to grow his business?
· What does it mean to “start heart first”?
· How can you get in touch with Aidan?
Resources Shared in this Episode
· Aidan Key’s Contact: email@example.com
· Gender Diversity: 1-855-4-GENDER (1-855-443-6337)
· Special Gift: Use the code OUTENTRE at checkout for 20% off when you register for any 2017 conference!
The Out Entrepreneur Community
· The Out Entrepreneur Facebook Community
· Join the #OutEntrepreneurPodcast Revolution!
· Listen, Download, & Subscribe on iTunes
Rhodes’ Top 3 Recommended Resources
1. Acuity Scheduling is a wonderful system for solopreneur’s and those looking to maximize staff time on the tasks that matter most. Let Acuity take care of the scheduling, and enjoy the first month free when you visit: https://goo.gl/Cduy4a
2. Quickbooks Self-Employed software will take care of everything from tracking trip mileage to managing your quarterly taxes. If you’re considering a simple bookkeeping solution look no further! Try Quickbooks today, and enjoy 50% off of your first 6 months when you visit: http://fbuy.me/excvF.
3. FreshBooks cloud accounting is a great resource if you’re exchanging time for money and you need a simple solution for tracking project hours, invoicing clients, and managing payments. Consider trying FreshBooks for one month of free service when you visit: https://goo.gl/Z6vFBt.