Are you a young professional craving the satisfaction that comes from helping businesses improve their workplace cultures for diverse employees? Are you comfortable joining a virtual team that knows how to balance hard work with good fun? Are you more than okay working on projects that promote entrepreneurship, social justice, LGBTQ movement building, and employment equity issues? You just might have what it takes to join the RPC team.
What We Are Looking For
If you are a virtual assistant looking to pick up some extra work, maybe you’re right for RPC! We’re specifically seeking a virtual assistant with experience in these five areas (although some assignments might fall outside these parameters):
· Administrative Support
· Digital Marketing
· Social Media Management
· Podcast Editing
· Content Development
What You Will be Responsible for...
· Virtual office management from organizing client relationship management to scheduling meetings and travel
· Manage digital media marketing tools including Facebook ads, content marketing, and Google AdWords
· Lead on creating and scheduling social media content, curating relevant articles, and distribute to the RPC audience
· Edit weekly podcast episodes, manage content uploads, and distribute episodes via social media channels
· Draft blogs posts, newsletters, and articles for trade magazines as assigned
What Qualifications You Should Have…
· Demonstrated commitment to social justice, LGBTQ movement building, entrepreneurship, & employment issues
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Fluency in English is a requirement, other languages are an asset
· Extremely detail-oriented, conscientious, and self-motivated
· Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements in an extremely fast-paced environment
· Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Outlook, MS word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Drive, Acuity Scheduling, Squarespace, Slack, Mail Chimp/Convert Kit, Zoom, Facebook, Twitter, Libsyn, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google+.
What’s in It for Me?
RPC is deeply committed to developing the next generation of diversity, equity, and inclusion leaders. This position has the potential of growing into a full-time role within the organization for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will have opportunities to develop professionally through online and in-person training and coaching opportunities. Specifically, this role will allow you to master the field of virtual assistance, productivity hacks, and team efficiency.
What Does RPC do?
Rhodes Perry Consulting (RPC) is a global strategic management firm helping executives, HR, and diversity leaders build more inclusive and equitable organizations through executive coaching, mentorship, consulting, and public speaking engagements. The firm is led by Rhodes Perry, an award winning social entrepreneur and a nationally recognized LGBTQ thought leader with two decades of experience innovating solutions to complex diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) challenges in large government, non-profit, and for-profit organizations. RPC offers specific solutions to support leaders ready to deepen their practice around managing DEI programs and initiatives and offers an exclusive mentorship program for HR and diversity professionals looking for results in creating more inclusive cultures for LGBTQ stakeholders. To learn more about RPC, please visit: www.rhodesperry.com.
Where is RPC located?
While RPC is located in the heart of Portland, OR, it is a virtual business. This means most of our work is done over email, telephone, and Skype. Our staff and contractors are based in cities all over the United States, and we are committed to meeting as a team twice per year.
How much will I be paid?
The hourly wage for this work varies with experience, and ranges from $12 – $15/hour. Ideal candidates will be able to work at least 5 hours/week.
How to Apply?
Candidates are encouraged to submit a resume, cover letter, and short 1-3 minute video introducing yourself, a bit about your virtual assistance experience, and why you’d like to join the RPC team. Videos should be submitted as a MOV, MPEG-4, or M4V, or uploaded as an unlinked video file to YouTube. Please submit your applications to email@example.com by Friday, July 28, 2017.
RPC is an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. RPC promotes the highest standards of professional ethics, and strives to cultivate a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where a wide range of people, groups, and communities with different social and cultural backgrounds can collaborate across different experiences and identities. Staying committed to these values, RPC especially encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ people, differently abled people, and younger people to apply.